Friday, February 10, 2012

yup...

Yesterday while I was walking to work, I suddenly heard music start to play, filling the air of South Temple. In the small courtyard area between the downtown DB store and the Blue Lemon, I witnessed a flash mob! While watching, I saw a number of people that work in my building! It was Laurel C.'s birthday yesterday!!!! If you don't know who she is, that's okay. I didn't either until a few weeks ago. She works with Time Out for Women, a department within Corporate and everyone loves her. So much so that they dressed up and looked completely ridiculous just for her big day!

I witnessed the beginning and watched a practice, so I wasn't there for the full performance since I had to work. The lobby was buzzing with people coming to see her reaction and watch the show. I have never watched so many purses as a favor in my life. 

The plan started when Laurel went out to lunch with Hillary Weeks. Hillary was totally in on the whole thing. Everyone danced to her song, "Past the Point." Sadly, Laurel wasn't feeling great and didn't want to go anywhere. After fighting Laurel to get out of the car, Jasen Wade (the male lead in 17 Miracles) walked out of the lobby and said something like, "So, I hear it's your birthday...." Laurel freaked and it was so fun to watch! Then, Jason led her over to the courtyard for the flash mob! I can't believe that they planned this out and it went so well. What a great way to celebrate a birthday!!!!!!!

I provided the youtube video for you. The beginning is hard to see because it was closer to the office than the courtyard, but you get the gist. Watch Laurel. She makes me smile.



This is where I work in the afternoons- with all these amazing people. I'm still getting to know them and most have no idea who I am, but if this is how they celebrate birthdays, I couldn't be more excited to rub shoulders with them. And Sheri was out among the crowd. No doubts about that!

1 comment:

  1. That totally just made my day :) I love seeing so many people out joining in the fun and enjoying life. Doesn't it just make you happy to be alive. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete