Tuesday, January 10, 2012

what the?

Do you remember a little bit ago in my time machine when I told you about Margaret Owens? Well, I have an update. And it's something else! In the next week or two, depending on certain circumstances, I will begin working at Deseret Book's Corporate Office as the afternoon receptionist! Yes, it isn't all the way to a grown-up job, but it's close!

I spoke with Ms. Owens earlier today and was so excited about it. Then I remembered all the change that would follow and the excitement has calmed a bit for the following reasons. First, I feel like I'm bailing on my Dad but he said that this is what he expected to happen. If it were any other circumstance, I don't think I would feel quite as blue. I love my dad an awful lot and I don't want to disappoint him. I don't want to leave him in the lurch and there is a part of me that thinks that is what I am about to do.....

And second - as much as I complain about working at the Joe, I still love the other servers that I have the privilege to know and call my friends. I'm afraid that leaving and moving to something else will hurt that friendship. But other people have left and moved on and things worked out just fine. Dad always says that I worry too much. *sigh*

I have to keep remembering that change is good......right?

Dang! Why must dreams coming true be so complicated???

No comments:

Post a Comment