Tuesday, January 24, 2012

tender mercies

(Allow me to preface: I meant to publish this yesterday. Monday was a surprisingly great day for me. Reality hit again this morning with money worries and everything else under the sun. Still, the euphoria of yesterday hasn't completely diminished...)


Isn't life grand???

(If you were to ask my mother and my sisters after our conversation yesterday, my previous question would surprise them. Let's just say, I was venting about a boy or two at the dinner table. A day later, I'm still confused, but they can do what they like...)

I simply can't get over how miraculous my life is. Everywhere I turn, I experience another tender mercy. For example, this morning I woke up with a nagging pain in my head. I wouldn't classify it as a migraine, but it was enough to make me want to stay in bed an extra hour, or three. It is gone and I feel just fine! No medication needed....

Rushing to catch trax, I was able to pull in right after someone pulled out of a prime parking spot.

I haven't had to refill my gas tank for a full week and can probably stretch it into two. Happy Day!

I work at Deseret Book! This is such an answer to prayer, you have no idea! The people are wonderful and a member of the Publishing Department already mentioned helping them in the future!!!

I am realizing that I know more about cooking than I thought. Last night, I cooked the majority of Sunday dinner alone. Mom still had to make the cheese sauce because that is still a little too much for me. Thinking about it gives me a twitch. In the past four days, I made a casserole and Sunday dinner and both were a success! (With a shout out to my mom! Thanks for helping me!) The casserole was for an LDS Living competition. On my first or second day, members of LDS Living came down to the front desk looking for people to participate and make the recipes that were submitted. I always love a challenge. On Friday, many people from the building met on the 8th floor and submitted their top three favorites. Mine won fourth place!!! *I know, right?!

Brighton 2012 has a theme!!! People are asking about applications! We had our Director Retreat and I can't wait for more. Things are starting to come together and I can stop losing sleep...

I am afraid of the moment when things start to look bleak again... I know it is coming. I hope that it remains at bay for a little while longer. I will not be brought down by some boy who chooses to be what my mother refers to as a "Duh-head."

No comments:

Post a Comment