Wednesday, November 23, 2011

sweet sixteen

(I need to ask a favor. Pretend that the date is actually November 20, 2011 instead of today...Can you do that for me? Thanks a bunch!)


TODAY IS MY BABY SISTER'S BIRTHDAY!

We have hit another milestone in her young life, and every single day I am grateful to be a part of it.




What I love about this girl:

She is such a goon!

The fact that every time I call her a goon, the conversation goes as follows:
me: Carrie, you're a goon.
Carrie: I'm not a goon. You're a goon, Goon!

*This has been going on for a good while. It was a happy day in my life when she said it while we were in the hospital. The memory still brings tears to my eyes.

 "Rootbeer" eyes

Her irritation with people's feet

The mornings when the first thing I see is her sweet face as she wakes me up for breakfast.

She has the ability to reach out to people and let them know they are special.

The times when she decides to straighten or scrunch her hair and she needs my help.

Whenever I am feeling low, she puts up a hand and hollers, "GIVE ME FIVE!" (Which means that you now must list five things you love about yourself, and often they can't be the same things that you said last time)

Her hugs

Her testimony

The determination of this girl continues to move mountains.

I wish I was more like her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment