Wednesday, November 23, 2011

a few snapshots

Maggie gave me this idea a little while ago, and since I have been using my iphone camera so much lately to document things, it seemed a perfect idea. I give you:


Life According to My Iphone




I helped Melanie ask her friend Cameron to the Halloween Dance. That's pretty original, if you ask me. We got the scariest faced blue pumpkin in the store. The plan was to go and ask him that same night but his porch is the most difficult to doorbell ditch. The house is up on a hill with a large flight of stairs leading up. There is no place to hide! Melanie came home during lunch the next day and we walked up and laid it out on the porch. Mel did the work. I was just there for moral support.


*

A few weeks ago, the Hortin fam went on an awesome road trip. (I promise pictures are coming. I have been having trouble with my camera not wanting to work....But I'm working on it!) We went down to Zion's National Park. It was beeeeautiful! I found this little Park Ranger uniform in the Gift Shop and had to take a picture for the only Park Ranger I know... How cute is that?! Seriously. It even came with the huge hat.


*

The same day I went to talk to Laurel at the Joe about my situation, the building was hosting a Christmas Show. It is like the Wedding Show we did last January, but everything is Christmas. The businesses who come every year for their Christmas parties are invited to come and sample some new dishes and get a sense of what their party could be. I hung around and helped a bit, but had to take a few pictures of some of my favorite centerpieces. The floral shop is amazing! I just wish they weren't so expensive!

This one was my favorite! I love the asymmetry!




I had a sample of the Chocolate Mint on the far left.
AMAZING!!!

The show was in the middle of October so if you looked out the windows of the Empire Room, you didn't really feel the Christmas Spirit. Ergo: the curtains were closed, Christmas music was blaring through the sound system, and Dianne even found some Christmas Air Freshener to make the room smell like a Christmas tree! I laughed. And had to take a picture.



*


Melanie's answer:



Melanie received a text from Cameron to look outside and found a giant trifold painted black and plastered with stars. We sat there for awhile trying to make out the word YES as a constellation when Mom thought maybe, just maybe, we should take off the stars and see if the answer was on the back. I have a smart Mother.


*


Taken from the Gold Room on the Mezzanine floor. I love the colors of autumn, especially the bright oranges and reds! And the fact that the temple is there in the background makes it all the better. I could be a professional.......iPhone picture taker.
Do those exist?



*


You already know this little bit of news, but I took a picture of the front of my binder because it is such a sweet story to me.
The morning that I learned I was to be next summer's Director (Whoa, gosh! It still gives me chills.), Zim brought my binder in her car. It was snowing pretty hard when we got there and some snow had fallen into a basket Zim brought with her. The basket held pinecones. I think she used it as a centerpiece or something. The snow melted and somehow got into the front pocket of my binder. When Zim handed it to me, she told me over and over again how sorry she was that it was smeared, that she would print me another and mail it to me, and that she felt simply sick about it. In all honesty, I don't want anyone to touch it. That morning will always hold a special place in my heart and I will keep this sodden sheet of paper to remember it by.



*


Sometimes, at work, we work buffets. And sometimes, those buffets are long and boring. So, we find something to entertain ourselves. This experienced involved my good friend, Bryan, and thirty-five cherry tomatoes.


After, he spit them all out in the garbage can with just enough noise that Elizabeth and I turned around and both almost gagged.


*


Another adventure at the Joe: a reception in the Wasatch Room. The bride and groom's first date involved watching Tangled. So they attempted to recreate the "Floating Lights" scene in their reception. It was perfect! I might want to do something just like that whenever I have a reception, but the colors may be tweaked a bit....
(Oh, that's my friend, Michelle.)






*


Today, I went with the younger sisters to H&M. Don't worry- it is only my third time since it opened. We were waiting to get on the elevator over in the men's clothing, and Melanie found this pacifier stuck in a mannequin's hand. I don't know who put it there or why, but it was just too perfect to pass by without taking a picture.
You can't really see it because the plastic is see-through, but it is that pink thing in his hand.


Then, on the drive home, we found this little guy working out like mad on the side of the street.
He has a face and tied up sneakers.
And he was going at it!
Another picture too great to pass up.





My life, ladies and gentlemen. Don't you wish you were me? :)
JK!

No comments:

Post a Comment