Wednesday, November 2, 2011

changing winds

If you read my blog, you know that I work at Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I have shared many a wonderous story about my experience there. Yet, I reached a turning point a few weeks ago and lots of things are changing in my neck of the woods.

I still work there on weekends. At least, that is where it stands at the moment. Talking to a friend last night, I was reminded that things happen for a reason and maybe I needed that sudden experience that shook everything to evaluate where I am and where I want to be. More change may be coming my direction, but I have taken the first step.

What is that first step? I work for my dad now! I work behind a desk in an office and am on the road to having a "Big Girl Job!" My name is even on a cubicle. I'm still working out some kinks and fine tuning everything, which means that I have no idea what I'm doing, just that I am doing it.

I love the saying "Go Big or Go Home," and trust me, that's what I did. I went from a loud job that is constantly keeping me on my feet to sitting behind a desk where you can hear crickets chirping. (Almost.) I've hit the two extremes. A middle ground of the two would be delightful, but I guess that will come with time. I miss all the customer service and being surrounded by people. Here, they do better without the noise so I keep my iPod going all day long. I'm learning that I don't know half the stuff that I loaded on it. Crazy...

Anyways, I'll keep my head down and keep running. One of these days, everything will work itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment