Saturday, July 2, 2011

"just thought you would be up here..."

There I was, sitting on my bed, when I get a text from Pixel. "Do you want to go up to Brighton with me this Thursday?" Thanks to a miraculously open Thursday away from the Joe, my answer was a resounding YES!


I left work as soon as I could, later than I planned because Laurel chose me to stay and set up the break. Thanks a bunch Laurel.  I changed my clothes and met Pix at the mouth of the canyon, so excited. We parked in the loop and trudged up in the snow because we didn't know if we could get Pixel's car all the way up the drive in the mud. I brought my boots, but for some reason, I thought I would be hardcore and walked up in my sneakers. After slipping and sliding all over the place, working my legs while sliding in the snow, and Pixel needing a bathroom, we finally made it up to my favorite place on earth. The reaction was instant. I feel so much lighter up at Brighton. Everything seems okay.

Camp was in the middle of Flag on the Rock. Pixel ran up to give some mail to Paisley and I just stood and looked around. That is my type of medication. Whatever is happening in my life, all I have to do is go up to Brighton and I have another perspective and a sigh of relief. I remember that I can do hard things. I hate that I forget that down in the valley. Pixel came back down and told me that Abu asked if she brought me along with her. :) I feel so loved with those girls!

I saw Gloria and Granola! Awesome PDS are they! I am so excited for them and all that they get to do this summer. Both of them have been my roommates and they are wonderful! I met up with Yellow and Abu and heard the low down of a crazy first week. Then we walked into the kitchen and I smelled Greek chicken! Star was heading up her staff but as soon as she saw me, she says, "Hey Beautiful!" I've missed that. I saw Krispie, wonderful woman that she is, and she says to me," I just figured you would be up here. When I think of Brighton, I see you." :)

Then, a lovely dinner with the KDs and the Directors of greek chicken (seriously, one of my favorite dinners in the entire planet!) and then Star told me I could help with dishes. Pixel runs over and tells me that she is helping with dishes too. We ran and got aprons and were ready for a time full of fun! I have never had as much fun washing dishes as I do while at Brighton. "Poke me!" Such good memories :)


The rest of camp left to walk down to the Brighton Branch for devotional. There is still a ton of snow everywhere and staff didn't want to have to fit all those girls and guests in the DH so everyone walked down the hill and across the loop to the Branch building. The chapel has windows that open up to a view of the mountains. If I could have church there every Sunday, I would love it.



Once we got to the building, there wasn't any room anywhere but out in the foyer. We snagged the couch and listened to Cherie Call sing. I pulled out my camera to capture the moment.

Conversation-
Pixel: Jesus is in our picture.
Me: Oh. Maybe I shouldn't have made a face.
Pixel: It's okay. He loves you anyway.
[I love her for saying that!]

The devotional ended and Pixel and I saw Star running around. It worked out that the two of us then helped out in the kitchen with the cinnamon rolls. I love helping, especially there. If I were to just stand around, life would feel out of balance. 

With the mess that has been this week, everything was better after being with my bestest best friends and the bestest best place. Thank you Heavenly Father for making such a wonderful place AND making it such a large piece of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment