Sunday, July 17, 2011

happy sunday

Yay for the best day of the week!

With the busyness and the confusion of every day life,
I am grateful for one day a week
where I am able to simply concentrate on what matters most in my life.

I am grateful for this trip to Nauvoo
and how stories I have heard forever became tangible reality.
I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet.
He was the chosen seer to restore the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I can't wait until I am able to meet him
and thank him.




Parley P. Pratt, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles from 1835 to 1857: “President Joseph Smith was in person tall and well built, strong and active; of a light complexion, light hair, blue eyes, very little beard, and of an expression peculiar to himself. … His countenance was ever mild, affable, beaming with intelligence and benevolence; mingled with a look of interest and an unconscious smile, or cheerfulness, and entirely free from all restraint or affectation of gravity; and there was something connected with the serene and steady penetrating glance of his eye, as if he would penetrate the deepest abyss of the human heart, gaze into eternity, penetrate the heavens, and comprehend all worlds. He possessed a noble boldness and independence of character; his manner was easy and familiar; his rebuke terrible as the lion; his benevolence unbounded as the ocean; his intelligence universal.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment