Monday, July 18, 2011

i'd like to interrupt this programming...

Today is the anniversary of life being turned upside down.
17 years ago
my brother returned home
to our Father in Heaven.

I can't help but reminisce
and think about his toy soldiers
and the memories I have of his swagger.
I remember how much fun we had together
and how much I love him.

This afternoon, I cannot get "Circle of Life" out of my head.
Reason being that every time I hear anything that has to do with The Lion King, it makes me think of Joe.
So here's to you, Joseph Bret Hortin.
Hakuna Matata!
until we meet again



*The first time my family saw The Lion King, we were sitting on the front row of the Villa Theater.
I remember hearing the crickets, and feeling my chair shake as the elephants walked on screen. 
Whenever we watch this movie, my dad turns the volume way up
as a way to recreate the moment. 
And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment