Tuesday, October 18, 2011

surprise day!

There is an on-going joke at the Hortin house that buying "treats" makes any day a "SURPRISE DAY!!!"

[Monday was a mess. I was scheduled for work at 6 am, therefore I was awake at 4:50 that morning so that I could get ready and ride like the wind with my dad to catch the train. Then, work was a disaster. Not my event, but the situations surrounding it. You don't need to know all the gorey details, just the fact that if you saw a freak on the train riding home at 4 pm that was crying the entire way- it was me.]

Back story only to demonstrate the need for a surprise day....

Melanie picked me up from the train and needed to head to Claire's for clip-on backs for her new choir jewelry. There I was in my "ninja suit" in a room full of fancy and fashionable do-dads. I found a pair of really pretty earrings:


and some crackle nailpolish. Dang, this stuff is weird but super cool! Nothing like a tiny dose of retail therapy to chase the blues away.

No comments:

Post a Comment