Wednesday, October 19, 2011

sing it

Last night, I was able to go to my little sisters' choir concert. It was the first concert of the year so it was the first time I saw little Carrie up on stage, singing her little heart out.


Don't they look so grown up?

I was at presidency meeting and had to run across the street. I was a bit behind and ended up running like lunatic through the Alta parking lot. I got some strange looks from my "awkward purse and binder run" but I just kept going. Out of breath, I walked into the school, got my ticket, sat with the parentals, and heard Carrie's choir sing. She is a member of Women's Chorus. We didn't know if Carrie was going to really enjoy singing. She has never really been as gung-ho about it as the rest of us girls. Watching her sing up on stage made me cry. Course, I've been a little bit of an emotional wreck the past few weeks, but thinking about where Carrie was just over a year ago and then to watch her stand up on stage for 10+ minutes with no support, side step and get her groove on, put me me over the moon! I witnessed a miracle last night!

The choirs were very good. I am biased towards Women's Chorus and A' Cappella, but it was a great concert. Watching Melanie sing was so fun. She looked completely comfortable on stage and in her ability to sing. I have to keep remembering that Melanie is a senior in highschool. When I just see them at home, it is easy to think that my sisters are still my little, little sisters. They are so grown up and doing so much! Oh, I love them!




Oh man, oh man. I'm a proud sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment