Friday, June 24, 2011

things i love "thursday"


- hiking right before the sun goes down
 I recently went hiking with a few friends to "the living room" that is located just behind Red Butte Gardens. We reached the top just as the sun was setting and it is one of the prettiest views of the city I have ever seen. 

- lots of leftover grapes
After the craziness of last night's reception where I was in charge (shudder), there were two full pans of grapes left that weren't used. So what did we do? Started throwing them at each other to see if we could catch them in our mouths. I'll admit, it was slightly ridiculous and we really made a mess all over the floor. But- completely worth it!

-alfie boe's newest album
I first heard Alfie Boe sing whilst at a friend's house watching the 25th Anniversary of Les Miserables. He played the role of Jean Valjean. After he sang "Bring Him Home" I was hooked. (I actually put a link so you can watch it a few weeks ago on another things i love) Since that time, my obsession has gotten worse. Starting yesterday, he is currently performing as Jean Valjean in the Queen's Theater in London! How I wish I could go! Check out the album on iTunes- Alfie Boe "Bring Him Home" You won't be disappointed.

-sisters coming home from girls' camp
The house has been too quiet. "I'm sick of quiet. I want... loud!"

-hearing camp friends call me Harmony from across the room
When I first started working at Brighton, I remember a previous staff member said that hearing her camp name was the same as someone calling her "honey." Now that I have been away from camp for awhile, I understand what she means. That name brings a smile to my face like none other.

- ac that works
I don't know what it is about the car that I drive, but whenever summer rolls around it doesn't like the ac. While driving to work, it blew hot air in my face and it was already over 90 degrees outside. On the way home, when I didn't really need it to work, it was fine. What is up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment