Wednesday, June 1, 2011

lookin' sharp

Next week is the 100th Anniversary of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building/ Hotel Utah. Temple Square Hospitality is going all out! And when I say all out, I mean that I was fitted for a tuxedo this morning. Among the festivities is a big VIP dinner on June 10th. I was asked to help serve the huge event and as such, I will be wearing a full tuxedo with tails! (No top hat. I asked.) Don't worry. I'm bringing my camera. Pictures to come.

This will be me. But with curves. Awkward??? We'll see. If I didn't feel enough like a boy in my ninja costume, this will definitely put me over the edge.

The story of being fitted is the exact definition of being "sent on a wild goose chase." The chase was self-inflicted although a slight discrepancy in the address I was given also played a vital role.

Story: Last week, Laurel came into the Harmony room during set-up and handed me a piece of paper that said to go to Black Tie Tuxedos at 90 South State Street and be fitted. It really is a compliment to be asked and could be an awesome experience. The Head Cheese have been talking about it for months. The idea that Laurel, Amy, and Dianne trust me with a VIP Event, I must be doing something right at work.

Friends went right after shifts last week and I got the idea that the place was in walking distance. I either had plans after work or finished after the store was closed. The first opportunity that I had to go downtown was this morning after I dropped Mom off at Oquirrh. I drove all the way into town. I parked underneath the Joe and went walking around State Street. I walked one direction and didn't see anything. I walked the other direction and ran into a park. When all else fails, call Dad. I told him my dilemma and everything that was going on. Calming me down, he said he would look it up on the internet and then give me a call back.

A few minutes later, Dad informed me that I was in the wrong part of town. I traveled all the way downtown when Black Tie Tuxedo is actually located on 8950 South State Street. UGH! Really?! So there I was, sitting in front of Neighborhood Market with blisters from my flip-flops while the place is only ten minutes from my house. Note to anyone in this situation: When you mean 90th South, write 90TH South. Thank you very much.

Seriously. UGH!

Having gotten that off my chest, I feel so much better. Just another funny anecdote to share with all you wonderful people. (The five who will actually read this.)

1 comment:

  1. haha...That is so a Jenny story, and something that I would do as well. Glad it all worked out and good luck with the event! you will do great I am sure.

    ReplyDelete