Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy father's day, daddy




I love the way my Dad listens to music with his right hand keeping the beat.
I love how he constantly has a pocketknife within reach.
I love how he wants to know everything about how work went.
I love that Dad gave me the end of the roast tonight!
I love the way my dad taught me to work.
I love the way we watch Utah football games together.
I love how he makes sure I'm up in the morning when I have an early shift.
I love how special I feel when he just wants to talk.
I love when his eyes tear up to show that he is proud of me.
I love the way he honors his priesthood.
I love to hear him teach.
I love when he knows I understand and he points at me with an "Aha!"
I love the way he looks at my mother.
I love how my Dad sits on the stairs.
I love when we fight over the last piece of strawberry pie.
I love when his smile puts a twinkle in his eyes.
I love when he teases me.
I love when he whispers in my ear in the middle of a big bear hug.
I love how subtle, intricate harmony makes me think of him.
I love how he talks with a spatula.
I love that he is my go-to GPS.
I love the fact that if I ask a question where he doesn't know the answer, he'll look it up for me.
I love Saturdays when he is busy in the kitchen making pancakes.
I love his glasses and red ties.
I love his smile.
I love how he loves me.


Happy Father's Day to the best man I know 
and the one I love the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment