Wednesday, May 25, 2011

cupcakes, castle, and amazingness



Sitting with life-long girlfriends, Liz and Missy, during Relief Society on Sunday, we came up with the idea to catch a cupcake down at Sweet Tooth Fairy in Draper. I had never been. I can't say that I hadn't heard of that particular cupcake joint, but I never had the need to go and buy a cupcake. That situation has been easily reversed. In the same moment, we decided to make a night of it and watch the first season of Castle. I am more than ready to make more fans of one of my All-star shows.

Let me just say, the night was fantastic!

I had to work earlier in the day (no surprise there) and was on my way home on the trax train when I get a text from Missy asking if we were still on for plans that night. My phone was on the verge of dying so I was only able to answer back that I was on my way. When I pulled into my driveway, I had no idea that my dear friends had been waiting for over ten minutes thinking that I was ignoring them. So sorry!
A quick (and I mean really quick) change of clothes and Castle in hand, the three of us headed south for some much needed sugar...... wanted sugar.

The choice was so difficult to make. Obviously, I must go again! I decided to get some peanut butter chocolate cakebites (mmmmmm) and a raspberry lemonade cupcake. Whoever created such a delicacy is a genius! I highly recommend it. Talk about a "Party in Your Mouth!" My mouth is watering at this moment just thinking about it.

After all three of us were stocked up with goodies, we headed to Liz's lovely abode to watch the wonderful Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle. We got through the first eight episodes of the first season. Oh, the happiness that is in our future! It was hilarious to watch my friends watch the show, especially when I know the bad guy is coming with a gun. Poor Missy jumped and hollered so much that she made me jump because she jumped.

I made it all the way through Episode 7. Episode 8 was a little too much. Not that I meant to go to sleep, I was just so comfy on Liz's couch with a full stomach and a cozy blanket and a late night. I'll do better next marathon. Promise!

Just another shout out that you need to watch Castle. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll cry because you are laughing so hard. Fantastic!

And if you ever want to add a cupcake into the mix, give me a call! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment