Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010 in Review

Lots happened in 2010. I experienced a rollercoaster of emotions, cycling between utter joy and heartbreak. Dad reminded us that last year wasn't all bad. It was just a matter of perspective. I witnessed miracles and I took a few more steps closer to the person that I am intended to become.

So, here is my year at a glance:

January
-I went skiing for the first and last time.
-Squirt, Pixel and I had our first Gilmore Girls Marathon Extravaganza, complete with Chinese, junk food, and a three-legged table.
-I began to strive for London.
-Maggie broke her leg.
-I started one of my favorite semesters as an Alto in Institute Singers



February
-Maggie and I spent a lot of time together as I attempted to care for her with her broken leg.
-My dear friend Rally left for her mission in Japan!
-I was asked to participate in the new Brighton CD and made a bunch of wonderful, musical friends.
-I enjoyed my first cup of Nielson's Frozen Custard. Yum!
-Institute Singers traveled up the canyon for a Snow-Shoeing Expedition :)


March
- I was accepted into the London Eye Program.
- My life was changed again by listening to the wondrous ladies of One Clear Voice
-Started the tradition of lunch with friends
- Experienced the full extent of Festival of Colors! The sun was darkened by a thousand different colors thrown in the air. Beautiful and suffocating at the same time.

Before:

 After!


April
-Enjoyed Easter Sunday and General Conference together
-My best friend bought a house 10 blocks away!
-Pix cut my hair
-First time at Laughing Stock
-Cemented my nerd status at readings in the Art Barn
-Felt like a rockstar by recording the Brighton Reunion CD 
(In the coldest basement known to man.) 


May
(The scariest and most adventurous month of the year)
- Family trip to the temple
-Carrie's initial surgery and the beginning of a summer of complications
- I fell in love with London, England (Big Ben, St. Paul's, Twelfth Night, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, friends Kathryn, Ben, and Mike)





- Came home to live in the ICU for a week and an Extreme Makeover Yard Edition on Segovia Circle



June
- After a year, I finally got a job! Newest banquet server at the JSMB
- Started working as Female Stake YSA Rep
- Visited Brighton for Precamp week with Pixel 
- Hiked up Little Cottonwood Canyon with Jibber
- Spent time together as a family as Carrie slowly began to recover




July
- Hiked A&B with Abu
- Gained Junior Ranger status at Timpanogas Cave with Squirt and Jibber
- Spent Pioneer Day with Jibber and Darling up in Logan 
- Carrie came home!
- Brighton Reunion!



August
- I was asked to be one of Pixel's Bridesmaids and went along for the big day of wedding dress shopping. It was wonderful :)
- Witnessed Carrie's hard work at therapy
- Saw the penguins at the Aquarium as part of Melanie's first date. As older sisters, we're so cool, we went along
- Started my last semester as a college student
- Turned 23 :)



September
- Answered a boy for Melanie's homecoming date and made a stellar story out of it
- Went with Brittney to Lexy's wedding
- Attempted for a Church Magazine internship
- Hiked Mary Twin with Kathryn
- Worked at Brighton for a Relief Society Activity 







October
- Splash and I threw Pixel a Brighton Bridal Shower
- Witnessed Dallin's stake play "The Tale of Two Brothers"
- YSA Stake Halloween Bash Success
- COB internship interview
- FOOTBALL :)



November
- Newest owner of TOMS thanks to Maggie
- Played guitar for choir
- Sang in a trio
- Carrie turned 15!
- Pixel became Mrs. Doug Hendricksen while I was a bridesmaid





December
- Crazy work schedule at JSMB 
- Graduated from the University of Utah
- Listened to beautiful Christmas choir concerts
- Forgotten Carols with Jibber and the Sandy crew
- Tradition of Eclipse concert with Brittney, Kendra, and Mindy
- Merry Merry Christmas



Really, my 2010 was quite a year. And Dad was right, it wasn't all bad. 2010 is another year to go down in the history books. I am so grateful for family that stand by me always, friends who take care of me when I need to smile, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and the knowledge that everything will Really work out, whatever happens.


Happy New Year!



 Here's hoping for a happy 2011.

2 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read! I want to do this now, except I don't know if I have as good of a memory as you! How did you do this? You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say I have a good memory. That's so far from being true.I went through my planner for 2010. I'm such a nerd that I use it as a small version of my journal. So important events or things I want to remember, I make a note. Trust me, my memory is NOT that great :)

    ReplyDelete