Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nothing is Impossible.


I am grateful to the Relief Society Presidency for their lesson this past Sunday. It struck my heart. Each member took a participant of the nativity and discussed the courage it took for them to follow God's command. I am always amazed at Mary. She is living life, trying to do what is right, and one day an angel comes to speak to her. An angel!

"Hail, thou that are highly favored, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women...Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found favor with God."

I wonder at her emotions. I wonder at her range of feelings within seconds. And yet, she answers, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word." What an example of faith! She knew somewhat the situation she was diving into head first and still she accepted the calling.

I look at my life and realize that I need to take a page out of Mary's book. Exercise more faith, humility and patience. I see all these changes looming in front of me and I panic. Take a breath, Jen. You aren't being faced with the same magnitude of impossibilities. Things are how they are supposed to be. Everything will work out, one way or another.

I am so grateful for this time of year that reminds me the reason why I continue to try and do my best. I may not succeed often, but nothing is impossible with the Lord's help. I am thankful for His companionship and understanding.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! You're great and this is a great topic to think about this time of year!

    ReplyDelete