Friday, December 24, 2010

My Grown Up Christmas List

Every Christmas, my mother gets after me to make a list she can give to Santa. I don't really want a lot of material things. This year I would like to ask Santa for things that you can't get from a store. 


Dear Santa: All I Ask Is...


January 31, 2011 to be taken out of next year's calendar. That is the dark day where Carrie's second back surgery is scheduled. I am scared spit-less. (If I were a swearing woman, I would exchange the p for an h.) 
[Carrie is trying to calm my nerves about the situation. Still, I keep hearing her surgeon, Doctor Smith, promising that he would take care of my sister and my family as I was leaving the hospital for the airport and London. A week later, to the day, I came home because Carrie was in a coma.]

If I can't skip the day, I ask for Carrie's surgery to be successful with no complications.

A hospital stay no longer than a week

Success in my dad's business 

My grandmothers' pain to be controlled.

A full-time job for me

A man

And the only material wish---a car for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment