Tuesday, December 6, 2011

happy birthday to my mommy





Life's Lessons I've Learned from my Mother:


laugh
when you don't know what else to do, sing and dance
put others first
the remedy for a rough day is a hug
 family is first in everything
 life is a lot easier to deal with if you don't take yourself too seriously and have fun
 never leave the house without earrings or lipstick
never let family leave without waving at the doorstep until they are safely around the corner
practice makes perfect
music makes tedious tasks bearable
music makes anything more bearable
it is always a good time for chocolate
wearing heels is good for you
go after your dreams
saying, "be careful" is another form of "i love you"
talking things through with her solves every problem
falling is funny
the harder the fall, the funnier it is
celebrate anything and everything
 a spoonful of chocolate frosting is good for the soul
read the scriptures
pray always
serve where you are placed
work hard
leave people better than you found them
everyday can be a holiday, if you want
iron your pillowcase
sour cream in mashed potatoes is delicious
fold slacks according to the seams
it isn't where you are, it's who you're with
collect what you love
be genuine
she is never too far away when I need her
the hardest trial can be handled if you are able to find joy in the little things
love!

My mother is the best woman I know. She is the best cook, even though she hates it. She is the best teacher, the best listener, and the best mother I could have ever asked for. She faces the world with a smile and a song and never lets a day go by without letting me know, repeatedly, that she loves me. The world is a better place because she is in it.



I love you, Moeder, more than words can say.
Love, your Jenny

1 comment: