Monday, October 11, 2010

Yay October!!!

This blog is long overdue.

First of all, I can relate a funny story. Not so much funny as completely humiliating to me. I have a cold. I caught a cold from Carrie and have been suffering from all aspects of it since Thursday. Yesterday I took a day off and missed church and sat on the couch, blowing my nose, coughing, in pajamas for the whole day. Picture it, will you? I didn't brush my teeth. I didn't do my hair. I didn't change my clothes. I lay on the couch watching a rerun of Saturday morning conference and movies all day long. (I did bake the potatoes for the Break the Fast. Well, my mother did most of the work but I helped put them on the oven rack. So I did do something for my YSA responsibilities.) My family came home from church and we were about to sit down to dinner and....there was a knock on the door. I am between stages of consciousness and I hear two men at the door. No, not missionaries. Ryan Kent and Jubal Stewart!!! Came to see me and wish me well! Did I mention that I looked like crap?!
It was a nice visit. And I refused to look in the mirror the rest of the day. I refuse to know what I really looked like. My hair wasn't standing up in awkward places. I do know that. As for the rest of me, I can imagine- and it isn't pretty.
FYI to those men that really are being gentlemen like my two friends- CALL FIRST!!!

Second- I turned in my monstrous portfolio for my possible internship at the Church Magazines. Ah! I hope I get it. But I can't really get my hopes up too high because I've been burned too often before. Keep the prayers coming...

And it is FALL BREAK! YAY!

2 comments:

  1. I love how people have the worst timing. : )
    Good luck with the internship!!! My prayers are with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I told them! "You should have called!" I really tried to run interference for you there. :)
    Good luck with the internship! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete