Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Whoa- Lots of Things Goin' On...

So I uploaded all the pictures that were wasting away on my camera and turns out, I have a busy life! Or at least have had one for the past few weeks.
Here are a few of the latest adventures:
Heather, me, and Karen
I sang in the CES Fireside with Elder Richard G. Scott! I don't know if you could see me...BUT I was there! It was fantastic! I love to sing in firesides and listen to the words of the prophets. Even if it is about marriage ;)

I think Aldon is cut off...Then Adam, Mavin, and Heather again. We like to have our pictures taken!
 I sing in Institute Singers. It's great!
That same morning, my friend Sprout had her Mission Farewell! Oh Sprouter! Anyway, a good number of the Brighton crew got together for funness. I had to leave early for the fireside but had no idea that Bugle was going to be singing too. It was a great surprise to turn around and see her smiling face! Yay for Harmony and Bugle!

Ain't it great to be crazy??? Cause that's what we are.

My dear friends: Christine and Heather! (We're a club. Club Awesome!)

And now a change of scenery- A big change of scenery. Still Utah Valley, but forever away. Have you ever been to Payson, Utah? Now I have! My dear friend Lexy lives there. A few weeks ago I experience it for myself.
 Lexy and Spencer got married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was beautiful. No worries. Everyone got lost. Laurie was headed to Nephi. Kari and Angie tracked down a police officer and asked for directions. It was pure luck that I found it. FYI- there is no Exit 254.

Britt and Jen

OMEGA FRIENDS! L-R: Kari, Angie, and Brittney

We had a barbeque for the luncheon- hamburgers, hotdogs, and IBC Rootbeer. They ran out of hotdog buns so Britt got creative...

"Tastes like a hotdog"


The rootbeer was so fun! "Never had one of these before!" Don't worry Mom, just our usual buzz. No alcohol for us.

Welcome to Payson! It is a lot different than Salt Lake City. They have cows! And yellow fields that go forever. To me, it felt a long ways from civilization.We had time to kill before the reception and didn't want to get in the way. Where to go? Where to go?

Payson has a WALMART!!!
We played around a little. Sure, people walked past and wondered, "Who are these girls?"

After we got back to the party, everything was set up and looked perfect. Britt and I walked around in awe. It was perfectly Lexy :)

More OMEGA FRIENDS! How I love these girls! Brett and Kristen
And now- THE BRIDE AND GROOM! They were so happy. I'm so happy for you Lex! Yay for Wedding Days. :)
(Sorry I can't turn it right....One of these days I'll learn how to do that)

(We took a bunch of pictures, but I fear the rest are all on Brittney's camera. She finally convinced me that it was pointless to take two of everything... No worries. Just some facebook stalking in my future.)


 Another change in the scenery: Welcome to Brighton in the Fall! My friend Kathryn and I went hiking a few Saturdays ago. I took her along Mary-Twin, one of my all-time favorite hikes at Brighton. It was utter bliss.

One of my favorite times of the day at camp is early in the morning, just as the sun is coming up over the mountains. Everything is quiet. You can watch the mountains start to wake up.

Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street. ~William Blake







That is Lake Mary. Or at least, it usually is a lake.

We love hiking!

We went "Off-roading" just a little bit. Whoever was hiking that way before is missing a few things.
-a full tube of toothpaste

-a dead cellphone

-and a pair of ski goggles



Twin Lake. Little Twin Lake.


After the hike was over, some Brighton staff came up to help a Stake Relief Society Activity. I wish I had more pictures.

My friends Star and Eagle. Eagle is now in the MTC! She is going to San Diego Spanish Speaking. Look out California! Here she comes!

Yeah, that looks more like it.


Th....tha...tha...tha...THAT'S ALL FOLKS!


1 comment:

  1. you are welcome to facebook stock my page anytime for photos. but you should know that your picture of us drinking rootbeer is cuter than mine.

    ReplyDelete