Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Interviewing Time!

Yesterday in the middle of poetry class, I got a phone call. Not just any phone call. Melissa Merrill from the Church Magazines Editing Department gave me a call to inform me that my portfolio was impressive and the department would like to meet with me for an interview!!!

An interview! Can you believe it? I can't!

Still, I am attempting to not count my chickens before they hatch. I'll just say that if this works out, it would be perfect! The job is an internship with the Friend, New Era, Ensign, or Church News as an editor and writer. Each position is a little different, but the priority is editing! EDITING! I feel like shouting :)

(Actually, funny story. I went outside OSH to get the best service because everyone that knows me knows that my phone struggles. After I hung up the phone, I couldn't help but doing a little dance there in the middle of campus. Don't worry. I looked ridiculous but I didn't care!)

Any tips that anyone has to share? I have gotten this far too many times, thinking that everything is fantastic, and then it all falls apart. What should I wear? I don't have a business suit. Remember, I am still a poor college student. And Dad said to go super conservative, but going completely conservative isn't me. I know a skirt is a must. What do you think? I want to go shopping for a little something special. Any suggestions? I am completely open to any ideas.

I have an interview on the 29th on the 24th Floor!
Here!

1 comment:

  1. You can always borrow my suit, of course! And I just bought a black blazer at H&M that would look great on you! Anything I have is up for grabs. Good luck Jen - this is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete