Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Week of Firsts- Such a Neat Idea

The background to the story is this: I was riding the trax train home last fall with my friend Cyndi and she told me about a week that she spent doing things that she had never done before. I thought that was such an awesome idea. She went and tried all the flavors of icecream at 31 Flavors. She bought a pair of skater shoes. She went fishing with a friend. All somewhat ordinary things but it made what might have been an ordinary week extraordinary.
This week is Spring Break for the University of Utah and I'm all about trying new things. I couldn't go on vacation this spring because I'm saving money for other adventures later but trying new things are still possible here in Sandy.
For example, I tried sushi for the first time tonight. I don't really know how I feel about it. It was definitely a different experience and I felt somewhat hip for being a twenty-something. I think I might have to try it again to really be in love with the situation, but it was good for the first time. And I only had to go downtown to Ichiban. There's a Happy Hour I can live with.
I may not be able to do new things the whole week through. It might take a month to accomplish some, but here is a list of things I would really like to do that I haven't done before. If you have any ideas, feel free to add to the list!

(Turns out that I have done a bunch in the last few days that I didn't realize. Yay me!)
-Sushi (check)
-buy new red Keds (check)
-Visit Daughters of the Utah Pioneers(check)
-eat at the Bay Leaf (check)
-watch The Blind Side
-write a song on the guitar/ or at least start
-go running (I've done it before, just not for awhile)
-Festival of Colors and actually experience the colors part
-go shopping in Sugarhouse through all the little unique shops
-bike ride
-get a bike to ride
-visit the Red Butte Gardens
-Clark Planetarium
-get my hair cut
-bake something

No comments:

Post a Comment