Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 for 30

It has been a goal of mine to take on the challenge of a "30 for 30" for awhile now. When the other Hortin sisters talked about the idea, I was all in. Sadly, I've been a bit preoccupied to take pictures. Well that, and having pictures taken of me is not my favorite past time. Still, I tried to stay close to the rules.

If you haven't ever heard of a "30 for 30," let me explain. As a way to play around with your closet, you choose 30 articles of clothing (slacks, skirts, shirts, jeans, sweaters, shoes, whatever...) and make outfits for the next 30 days with only those pieces.
For our own, we made a few exceptional rules.
Rules:

  • Saturdays are optional.
  • Accessories work as wild cards except for shoes.
  • Undershirts don't count.
  • Outerwear doesn't count.

I succeeded in staying within the 30 pieces with only a few foul ups. Today is supposedly the last day of our 30 and I have yet to post any pictures or make any posts.... So, let's just pretend like I have. 

Here you go:

shirt: H&M; skirt: gift for my birthday (DownEast); scarf: sister's closet; 
watch: Walmart; shoes: Payless :)



Thanks to Melanie for being my photographer. She's pretty great at it. We had fun "being artistic" with an unartistic camera. The hope with this was to mix textures. It doesn't hurt that this skirt makes any curves look good. Heaven knows that I have curves.

During this attempt at 30 for 30, I learned that if I really only had 30 pieces of clothing, I would still have trouble getting dressed in the morning. My mother told me that as long as I have been dressing myself, it has always been a major ordeal. I start with one idea and end up with something else. Preparing my clothes the night before is NOT an option for yours truly. On the upside, I learned that I really like pattern mixing. Give me some time to figure out the kinks of this challenge thing and I'll try this again.




2 comments:

  1. You are so stinkin cute!!!! You look adorable and beautiful. Miss and love you! -Yours truly, Moosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Moosie! I miss and love you more! What's the plan for December? Are you going to be in town at all or just jumping on another plane for the mish? Man, I stinkin love you! If I haven't said congrats yet, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete