Monday, August 15, 2011

saying goodbye to nauvoo

Monday was our last day in Nauvoo. After we finished Sunset, we headed back up to the temple. Matt said that he wanted to take some shots of the temple as the sun was going down so that he would have the best lighting. None of us complained since the temple was our central point of the whole vacation. Matt had the really awesome camera. These are the ones that I took with my poe-dunk little camera:


through the temple gates


the water tower is just a bit behind the temple to the east




the statues are that of Joseph and Hyrum riding to Carthage

This one's my favorite from my camera!
We all went our separate ways. I wandered off by myself down the hill in front of the temple watching the sunset. I love sunsets! SO much! I feel like they are a special gift just for me from Heavenly Father. I haven't met a sunset that I didn't like. The sunset on the Mississippi was magical.  And really, leaving such a place that had changed my life and been such a course correction for me, I needed some time to think. I love that spot so much. It is dear to my heart, just like the Dew bathroom up at Brighton. The circumstances and the stories are different, but the love I felt is the same. 

I had no idea that Matt was taking pictures of anything other than the temple, but when I walked back up to the group after saying my own goodbye, Matt comes up to me and says, "Jenny, are you ready for amazingness?" pulls out his camera, searches for a minute, and shows me this:


Oh. My. Gosh! Matt is wonderful! This is me, contemplating my life and falling a little bit more in love with Nauvoo.  Didn't think it was possible, but I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment