Monday, August 15, 2011

happy birthday joe boy

Saturday was my brother's birthday. We weren't able to celebrate as much as we usually do because I had to work in the morning until 3 pm and that is when Melanie starts at the Bead Fairy. We did have spaghetti and noodles with salad to honor the birth of my little brother that I look up to in a million ways. He would be 22. Time flies. I wonder what he would look like. I wonder if he would be protective or if he would be a rough-houser. I wonder if he would go to church with me. I wonder how my life would be different now if he were still here instead of watching from the other side of the veil.

Yesterday was the day we chose for cake and balloons. Funny story with the balloons- Mom bought them on Saturday and we put them in the garage to hang out for a day. We kept reminding everyone to NOT open the garage so that they wouldn't fly away too soon. Sunday morning comes around and all the balloons are floating just above the ground. So, going with the punches as we always do, we weren't able to let balloons go this year.



Instead, we tied them to the flower vase. At least he knows we remembered.



Happy Joe's Birthday to everyone!
I hope it was a beautiful August 13.


No comments:

Post a Comment