Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BAH!!!

So, I'm two weeks into school and already I can feel the pressure building. I'm graduating. Soon. The more I say it, the more I think it will be real. It hasn't worked yet.
I walked into work today thinking that I had a long night of a wedding dinner ahead of me. Then realized that the wedding dinner is tomorrow. I feel like a dork. Good thing, because I am a dork.
Walking on campus gives me a funny feeling. I feel like it is where I should be, and then I go a whole day without seeing anyone that I know! That hasn't happened to me before. Not trying to brag about popularity or anything, because heaven knows, I've never had that.
I keep having thoughts that life is good, but once again, it isn't what I planned on. I just keep swimming. Too bad that it is swimming upstream.

Still, in all of that, there are moments when I get a glimpse of the good things in life. I just read a friend's blog where she listed all the little things that keep her going in a day. So here are some of mine:
-Only paying $147 for my tuition instead of the thousand that I was worried about. Pell Grants are great miracles!
-Getting butterflies
-New music on my iPod
-Running (Never thought I would list that as a positive)
-Catching up with highschool friends
-Knowing that I'm special to someone else, even with my dorkiness.

There are dozens of negatives that I could share. But who really wants to know all about those? A small nugget of wisdom that I have tried to live by: Smile before bed. You'll sleep better.

2 comments:

  1. Just think you should know - I love your face! Especially THAT face in your picture. That's a hidden talent! I still don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you'll ALWAYS be special to me!

    ReplyDelete