Monday, April 11, 2011

Girls' Night In with the "Hixel"

Happy Friday Night! Last Friday was spent at the Hendriksen home with a cozy night in. Few things list higher among my Favorite Things than a night in with friends. 

Another Favorite: chocolate. 

What could be better than to combine the two?

We started looking for a treat and decided to be adventurous with chocolate cookies from scratch. After a quick search on the computer, we came across this recipe for Frosted Cocoa cookies. 
They looked simple enough. And we are just that domestic ;)


Step 1:
Using Pixel's favorite invention- her red mix-master

  

Step 2:
After the cookie concoction was put together, I spread out the single cookies using another nifty tool.
 (And right now, I can't remember the name of it. But it was pretty awesome.)


Step 3:
Bake.
We were really worried that the cookies were going to turn out like bricks. 
What a pleasant surprise! 


Step 4:
Make frosting. 
(No joke- the frosting was the best part, thanks to the powdered sugar.)


End Result:


Is your mouth watering yet?
They were pretty fantastic.
I was sent home with a huge plate full.
My family had them eaten in a day- 
They were just that good.

P.S. I love when Pixel teaches me about cooking. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post, almost as much as I loved hanging out with you!

    ReplyDelete