Friday, January 8, 2010

I like adventures...but I also like to keep my life...

Skiing---check.
Learned how to start and stop---check.
French Fries and Pizza---check.
Conquered a tow rope---check.
Went up for a run---check.
Fell and endangered my life in the process----check.
Will I ever ski again? Hmmmmm.....

I did go skiing. I accomplished a lot. Sure I had a good time. I learned a lot. According to Squirt, I was still doing pretty well for my first and second days. The day after? I'll keep the ibuprofen close at hand. My neck hurts. Yes, my body is sore, but my neck hurts the most. Why you ask? Well, I was starting to go down a Green run and forgot everything that Squirt had taught me. Meaning, I couldn't get my heels to spread out so that I could slow myself down. I was trying to turn and instead straightened out my skis and picked up a lot of speed. The next thing I knew I was in the air, and came down on my head. I could have broken or twisted my ankle, but I figured out how to move the ski the right way before I came down. After my crash and I could open my eyes, my poles were 5 feet away, my goggles and hat had flown off my head, and I was staring up at Squirt's scared face. Awesome.
Told my mom the whole story and she kept saying, "You're lucky you didn't break your neck." I will forever be grateful that that didn't happen.
I haven't exactly given up on skiing. Just give me some time before I go up there again. Thanks to friends and watching little kids learn how to ski, it was a fun time. Thanks a lot to Squirt for trying to teach me. Wednesday was a blast!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment