Wednesday, May 1, 2013

catching the wave



(May 1st! We’ve made it all the way to May 1st! I can’t believe it, especially because of the flurry of snow I met this morning as I climbed down the stairs.)


Two of my closest and dearest friends leave on missions today. Aren't they beautiful???

Blaze and Sushi aka Sister Blazzard and Sister Stack

In fact, at this point I believe one is in the air headed to the MTC in Guatemala while the other just walked into the MTC doors of Provo. These two make missionaries #8 and #9 in my little Brighton 2012 family and I couldn’t be more excited for these darling sisters to go and conquer the world by sharing the Christ-like love of Brighton and their unstoppable testimonies. Still, my heart fractures slightly to know that I will not see these wonderful individuals for a full 18 months. Time goes quickly and before I know it, we will all be reunited again. Today, right now, it doesn’t feel like it. I feel my heart going with them.

I know I am not the first to feel this type of heartbreak and I will most definitely not be the last. With the large wave of missionaries headed out in response to the prophet’s call, I’m sure that everyone has their own experience. These girls mean the world to me!

Go forth and serve, my friends. God be with you til we meet again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment