Thursday, September 27, 2012

correction

Going through my goals for being 24, I couldn't cross off the "Get a full-time job."
 I can now! 
"What?" you ask. 
Well, my dreams really do come true. I work 

(drum roll please.....)



HERE!!!

Life is crazy, isn't it? I started working as the Receptionist in this same building January of this year. If you go back in time on my blog, you'll see some of my adventures in the lobby. I really enjoyed my time there but was told repeatedly that it was only a stepping stone. Many associates expected me to move up in the building.

I left to work at Brighton and it was much harder to leave than I thought it would be. My summer was amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, but I knew that when the time came, I wanted to head back to 57 W. South Temple.

It is a long, slightly complicated story to tell you how my job came to be. That long story short- around a month after camp ended, I got a call offering a position in the Marketing Department. I was in the parking lot for the State Fair (that's another story) and sat in shock. 

I have a full-time job! I am now a full-time adult with benefits and everything! Crazy! 
Jenny Hortin- Marketing Coordinator- DB Corporate Office.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is seriously late, but.....Way to Go!!!That is so exciting and I am so proud of you. Isn't funny how when life seems like a whirlwind and you fell tossed upside down, one day you find yourself standing upright exactly where you know you should be. Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete